Survey Report: State of the global meat industry 2016
11-Apr-2016 | PDF file - by WRBMDownload PDF Now!
In January 2016, GlobalMeatNews conducted its annual ‘state of the industry’ survey. The key objective of the poll was to gauge views about the current state of the global meat trading and processing industry, its online trends and the issues causing most concern.
GlobalMeatNews collated over 384 survey responses from meat industry professionals who form an integral part of the brand’s global readership.
The topics covered in the survey included trading relationships, environmental management, animal welfare, animal diseases, acquisitions, employment and product development.
• For the second year in a row, the majority of respondents (31%, +4% from last year) said that the Russian sanctions on Europe, US, Canada, Australia and Norway hit their business more than any other single trade-related issue.
• 65% of respondents agreed that their company was keen to explore exports this year
• Environmental management continued to be high on the agenda, with a vast majority (72%) stating that their company had a highly developed programme for waste management
• 77% of respondents (-6% compared to 2015) agreed that the industry must put more emphasis and increase regulation on animal welfare
• 51% said they were very concerned over the impact of animal diseases such as PEDv, African swine fever and avian influenza than in previous years
• A clear majority of respondents (62%) said that their company planned to invest more in new product development (NPD) this year than a year ago
• Companies are planning more capital investment this year than last year
…discover more exciting insights and analysis by downloading this exclusive report today.